Keeping your firmware up-to-date is important. This guide will provide you the needed steps to make sure that your plug & play bundle stays trail ready!
How to update your Sony 9500ES firmware
Here is a simple and easy breakdown of how to update the firmware in your Sony Head-unit.
- Download the appropriate file to a USB style thumb-drive from the website | Sony Support - XAV Series Head Units
- Move the files out of the downloaded folder directly onto the thumb-drive. The update can not be read if the files are in a folder or subfolder.
- It is important that the thumb-drive contains NO other files. The head-unit needs to detect just the firmware file.
Gain access to the USB port.
- If you installed the supplied USB adapter to retain your factory location, you're off to a good start. Connect the USB containing the firmware file to your factory USB location.
Go to the main "HOME" screen of the head-unit by pushing the home button on the top left corner of the screen.
Push "SETTINGS" and go to "SYSTEM"
Scroll down to "SOFTWARE UPDATE" using the down arrow on the left side of the screen.
Click "UPDATE VIA FLASH DRIVE"
Follow the prompts on the screen.
Once the update is complete remove the thumb-drive.
- Your Sony head-unit may restart several times during the firmware update process, this is normal.
- You can verify that the update was completed by checking the firmware version shown in the menu.