Keeping your firmware up-to-date is important. This guide will provide you the needed steps to make sure that your plug & play bundle stays trail ready!
Update the firmware in your Sony Plug & Play Bundle
Here is a simple and easy breakdown of how to update the firmware in your Sony Head-unit.
- Download the appropriate file to a USB style thumb-drive from the website | Sony Support - XAV Series Head Units
- Move the files out of the downloaded folder directly onto the thumb-drive. The update cannot be read if the files are in a folder or subfolder.
- It is important that the thumb-drive contains NO other files. The head-unit needs to detect just the firmware file.
Gain access to the USB ports.
- If you installed the supplied USB adapter to retain your factory location, you're off to a good start.
- You will also need access to USB Port #2.
- If USB #2 is located behind the head-unit (inside the dash), than removal of the head-unit will be needed.
Go to the main "HOME" screen of the head-unit by pushing the home button in the bottom left corner.
Slide to the second set of icons on the touch screen.
Push "SETTINGS" and go to "GENERAL"
Scroll down to "FIRMWARE VERSION" using the down arrow on the right side of the screen.
Connect the USB thumb-drive containing the firmware update to USB #2.
Follow the prompts on the screen. Your system may prompt you to move the thumb-drive from USB #2 to USB #1 or vice-versa.
Once the update is complete remove the thumb-drive and reassemble any parts that were removed to gain access.
- Your Sony head-unit may restart several times during the firmware update process, this is normal.
- You can verify that the update was completed by checking the firmware version shown in the menu.