This installation guide is intended to be used to assist you during the installation of your
2020+ Sony 4000 Tundra Plug and Play Bundle from Trail Grid Pro.
Installing your bundle
Use our 9500ES Install video as reference. The disassembly and install of the body and dash kit will be the same.
1. The Body - Consists of the head unit, silver dash kit and our custom wiring harness.
- Make all your vehicle connections as noted in the document below. We've drawn a red box around the vehicle connectors you'll be using for your installation, which are the 3 factory looking connectors from the Maestro RR module.
- All the plugs are keyed plugs, which means they only fit their match on the Toyota side. All you're doing is matching plugs - it may look like a lot of wires but it's simple.
- Small Yellow Clips: Please use the small yellow tab clips we supply in the bundle to attach to the tabs on the back of our dash kit. They are more robust than the factory clips and hold our bundle in place better when installed.
You Will Be Connecting:
3 Connectors From The Maestro Harness
USB Retention Adapter
Factory Navigation Adapter
AM/FM Radio Adapter
Sirius XM Tuner (If Selected)
- DO NOT POWER ON YOUR HEAD-UNIT BEFORE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE MADE. This will cause an error when the Maestro RR module is trying to initialize to your vehicle.
More Install Tips Regarding The Components Of Your Sony Bundle
The backup camera is apart of the Maestro RR harness, so the rear camera wire will already be plugged into the rear camera RCA.
Your bundle will come equipped with a antenna adapter that will be plugged into the lower left hand corner of the rear of the chassis (when looking at the rear of the radio). Please make sure you plug in the factory antenna plug into our antenna adapter (White rectangular connector with black and blue wire).
Our bundle maintains your factory USB location under your head unit. Please ensure you plug in the factory USB plug into our USB retention harness(Black & Grey Plug).
You will need to use the provided Sony microphone with our bundle. You will need to run the wire and plug into Red port labeled “MIC”
We recommend placing it on top of the steering column. It is out of the way and picks up less wind noise.
We are working on a microphone mount so that it may be concealed in the headliner console.
2014+: If you selected “Maintain Sirius/XM” at checkout, you’ll receive the STO2.
Maestro STO2: This will already be attached to your new Sirius/XM tuner. The tuner is located underneath the rear chassis of the Sony radio.
Utilize the factory satellite antenna cable that was plugged in to the back of your factory radio to plug into the provided adapter.
You will not use the antenna from the SXV300 (which is located in your parts bag) since the STO2 will maintain your factory satellite antenna.
Inside the dash you may find several square plugs of varying colors (i.e. white, gray or black).
- White – Factory Navigation (No longer needed)
- Gray or Black – Factory Sirius XM Antenna
- Connect your XM tuner adapter to either the gray or black plug.
Download the Android Auto app from the GooglePlay. If you’re experiencing issues with Android Auto, here is a decent video that walks you through some troubleshooting of Android Auto. The head unit shown in this video is not a Sony, so just focus on the general troubleshooting aspects.