This installation guide is intended to be used to assist you during the installation of your
Sony 8100 Tundra Plug and Play Bundle from Trail Grid Pro.
Installing your bundle
1. The Body - Consists of the head unit, silver dash kit and our custom wiring harness.
- Make all your vehicle connections as noted in the document below. We've drawn a red box around the vehicle connectors you'll be using for your installation, which are 2, 4 & 5. Vehicle connectors 1 & 3 will not be used.
- All the plugs are keyed plugs, which means they only fit their match on the Toyota side. All you're doing is matching plugs - it may look like a lot of wires but it's simple.
- Small Yellow Clips: Please use the small yellow tab clips we supply in the bundle to attach to the tabs on the back of our dash kit. They are more robust than the factory clips and hold our bundle in place better when installed.
You will be using vehicle connectors 2, 4 & 5
- Next, secure the backup camera connection harness labeled CAM-TY12 (connect the female side of the CAM TY12 to the factory video harness), Sirius/XM satellite connection (if applicable), AM/FM antenna connection, Sony supplied microphone and the USB retention cable connection.
- DO NOT POWER ON YOUR HEAD-UNIT BEFORE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE MADE. This will cause an error when the PAC module is trying to calibrate to your vehicle.
More Install Tips Regarding The Components Of Your Sony Bundle
To secure your backup camera connection, ensure the female side of the backup camera harness labeled CAM TY12 is plugged into the factory video connection. The connectors are keyed, so they’ll only fit their mate.
Your bundle will come equipped with a antenna adapter that will be plugged into the lower left hand corner of the rear of the chassis. Please make sure you plug in the factory antenna plug into our antenna adapter.
Our bundle maintains your factory USB location under your head unit for connection for Apple CarPlay & Android Auto. Please ensure you plug in the factory USB plug into our USB retention harness.
You will need to use the provided Sony mic with our bundle.
2014+: If you selected “Maintain Sirius/XM” at checkout, you’ll receive the STO2.
Maestro STO2: This will already be attached to your new Sirius/XM tuner. The tuner is located underneath the rear chassis of the Sony radio.
Utilize the factory satellite antenna cable that was plugged in to the back of your factory radio to plug into the provided adapter.
You will not use the antenna from the SXV300 (which is located in your parts bag) since the STO2 will maintain your factory satellite antenna.
Inside the dash you may find several square plugs of varying colors (i.e. white, gray or black).
- White – Factory Navigation (No longer needed)
- Gray or Black – Factory Sirius XM Antenna
- Connect your XM tuner adapter to either the gray or black plug.
Using a factory phone cable when making your connection for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is a MUST. When I say factory, I mean just like the cable that originally came with your phone. It cannot be a cable that you bought from Amazon or from the grocery store – those are only charging cables in most cases, not charging and data cables. Also, remember – phone cables don’t last forever. If you ever have connectivity issues in the future – I’d try to swap your cable for a new one.
Download the Android Auto app from the GooglePlay. If you’re experiencing issues with Android Auto, here is a decent video that walks you through some troubleshooting of Android Auto. The head unit shown in this video is not a Sony, so just focus on the general troubleshooting aspects.
You can restore the interface to factory default settings by pressing and holding the programming button on the side of the module until the status LED starts blinking red. Once the LED starts blinking red, release the button. You must release the button while the LED is blinking red in order to perform the reset. Please note, the LED will go through two stages before it starts blinking red. First it will blink green, then amber, then red.
This reset will restore the following settings to their factory defaults:
- SWC Mapping
- Parking Brake Output Settings
- Factory Amplifier Settings
- Real Fade will be reset to on
Dip Switch Settings
If after completing these steps you’re not able to function all your steering wheel controls (answer on specifically), on the PAC module change the dip switches on the side of the module to 1, 2 & 3 as “on” and 4 as “off”. Currently, they are set to the exact opposite of that with 4 as “on” and 1, 2 & 3 as “off” – so you’ll just be reversing them.