How to install your Mic Mount
We are proud to offer you a solution for mounting your Sony aftermarket microphone in your 2010 – 2022 4Runner’s factory microphone location.
This allows your new microphone to be neatly tucked away in the headliner console and maintains the level of voice clarity and function you expect.
- Remove Headliner Console. Depending on trim level this may vary slightly.
– If you have a sunglasses compartment, flip open the compartment and remove the 2 screws.
– If you have terrain setting knobs (i.e., TRD Pro, Off Road, etc.), pull down/off the control panel which will reveal the 2 screws.
– Front of headliner console is typically held in with pressure clips and can be removed by pulling straight down.
- Remove Headliner Console Wiring Harness. Unplug harness connector.
- Remove Factory Microphone. Locate microphone (black rectangle) and push toward the front of headliner console. This will remove the cover for the dome light switch cover and switch. Unplug the factory microphone and replace the dome light switch and cover.
- Remove Mounting Ball On Microphone. The small ball can be removed easily by cutting with a pair or side cutters or a utility knife.
- Install Microphone To Mount. Route the 3.5mm jack end through the bottom end of the mount. Pull all slack through and secure microphone into mount. Rounded end of microphone should be inline with 2 legs on mount.
- Install Sony Microphone Mount. Install mount into headliner console. Insert mount (legs facing down) until the clip locks into place.
- Route Microphone Wire. Start by routing microphone wire from headliner console area through headliner towards rearview mirror. At this point, you can re-install the headliner console. Be sure to pull excess slack toward the rearview mirror while reinstalling headliner console. Continue routing the wire along the top of the windshield toward the driver side A pillar. Tuck the wire behind the A pillar cover and route down the A pillar toward the drivers floorboard. Run the wire under the dash area and finish by routing the 3.5mm jack to the back of your new Sony Bundle. Connect the 3.5mm jack into the red mic port on the rear of the Sony radio chassis.
- Test Functionality. Test functionality after making all required connections.
Free US Standard Shipping & Easy International Shipping
TG Pro Tested
Ask A Question