Install Your Kicker 5 Channel Amplifier and Subwoofer Kit
Here is a simple and easy breakdown of how to install you new Kicker 5 Channel Amplifier and Subwoofer Kit!
Check the packaging and make sure it hasn't been damaged during shipping; then check to make sure that you received all the parts you will need for your install:
- (1) Kicker 660.5 5 Channel Amplifier
- (1) Plug and Play Speaker Wire Harness
- (3) 3 Meter RCA cables (Pre-bundled)
- (1) RCA Splitter with double female adapters
- (1) Red Power wire
- (1) Kicker In-Line Fuse Block
- (1) Black Ground Wire
- (1) Yellow/Black Sub Speaker Wire
- (4) Pieces of Velcro
- (1 each) Male & Female Bullet Connector
- 8, 10 or 12 inch Down-fire Subwoofer
- (1) 10mm Bolt
- 10mm socket
- 12mm wrench of socket (Secure power wire to positive (+) battery terminal)
- 14mm wrench or socket (Remove passenger seat bolts)
- 3 mm allen wrench (securing wires to amplifier)
- Panel tool
- Phillips & Flat head screwdriver
- Utility knife
- Wire fish or coat hanger
- Electrical tape
- Side cutters
- Zip Ties
Make access to the back of your aftermarket head unit.
Remove the plastic covers on the feet of the passenger seat to reveal the four 14mm bolts. There are 2 bolt on the front and 2 bolt on the rear of the seat. Remove the four bolt and lean the passenger seat backwards into the back seat to gain access to the area under the seat.
Place the Kicker 660.5 amplifier under the passenger seat. You may use the provides velcro or the universal brackets to mount it to the carpet or floor. Do not permanently mount until all wires have been connected.
Connect the provided set of RCA's to the RCA connections for Front, Rear & Sub on the back of the head unit. The RCA's are labeled: Front Left (FL), Front Right (FR), Rear Left (RL), Rear Right (RR), Sub Left (SL) & Sub Right (SR) on both ends.
If your aftermarket radio only 1 sub out RCA, use the included Y splitter. Connect the Y splitter to the sub out RCA and the other 2 ends to your RCA bundle running to the amplifier.
Route the RCA's down the inside of the passenger side of the dash towards the passenger floor board. Continue around and behind the top of the floor carpet towards the bottom of the A-pillar.
Remove the door sill trim by lifting straight up.
Remove the kick panel by removing the button retainer and pulling outward on the kick panel to release the clips.
Continue running the RCA bundle through the factory wiring channel until you reach the area under the passenger seat. The wire channel clips can be opened with a small flat head screw driver to release the tab and the top will lift open.
Run the RCA's under the carpet and through the opening in the carpet near the floor vents. Connect the RCA's to the RCA's on the side of the Kicker Amplifier.
-Amp 1 (Front)
-Amp 2 (Rear)
Route the large blue wire with the plug & play "T" harness along the same route as you ran the RCA's to the amplifier. You want the "T" harness behind the radio and the end with fork connectors to the amplifier.
Start with the rear speaker leads on the bottom row:
Amp 2 Left + Green
Amp 2 Left - Green/Black Stripe
Amp 2 Right + Purple
Amp 2 Right - Purple/Black Stripe
Front speaker leads on the top row:
Amp 1 Left + White
Amp 1 Left - White/Black Stripe
Amp 1 Right + Grey
Amp 1 Right - Grey/Black Stripe
Subwoofer Speaker leads:
Yellow wire (+): Top row
Black wire (-): Bottom row
Insert the fork connectors in the corresponding location under the plate and secure with a phillips screwdriver.
If you have a 2014-2019 vehicle you will have 3 harness connections. Find the corresponding connections between your vehicle and the radio harness.
-The Male 10 pin connector will plug into your radio harness.
-The Female 10 pin connector will plug into the 10 pin plug coming from your vehicle.
- Connect the Female 6 pin connector with the Green and Purple wires to the Male 6 pin connector from your vehicle.
- Use the provided bullet connectors to connect the solid blue (Remote Turn On) wire to your aftermarket radio harnesses remote turn on wire. If you have the Maestro harness this wire is labeled for you.
If you have a 2020 or newer vehicle, you will have 1 connector on the end of your large blue speaker wire bundle.
- Connect the female 10 pin connector from our harness to the 10 pin connector coming from your vehicle.
- You will no longer need to use the black 10 pin connector from the Maestro wiring harness.
Connect the provided black ground wire to the amplifier and secure using allen wrench.
Route the provided ground wire under the carpet and ground to factory ground location under the seat using the provided 10 mm bolt.
Route the yellow and black sub lead speaker wires in the factory wire channel or under the plastic trim towards the rear of the truck or to where your down-fire sub box will be located.
Once you have reached the sub box, depress the black button and insert the black wire. Repeat the same for the yellow wire by depressing the red button.
Open the hood and locate the main firewall grommet on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Locate a spot to cut an "X" in the grommet using a utility knife. Keep in mind that many Toyota firewall grommets have an exterior and interior membrane that you will need to cut through. Take extra care to not damage any other vehicle wiring when cutting your "X."
You may choose to use a wire fish or metal coat hanger to assist in passing the power wire from the engine bay to the interior.
- Mock up where you want to mount the fuse block. Connect the short length of power wire with the black shielding to the fuse block ensuring that the grommet is seated in the groove. Attached the other end of power wire with shielding to the fuse block, again ensuring that the grommet is seated in the groove. Secure using the allen wrench. Place the plastic Kicker branded cover over the completed fuse assembly.
Our recommendation is to run the power wire along the inside of the drivers side fender towards the firewall and across the fire wall towards the passenger side firewall grommet.
Use zip ties to secure the wires so that they are free of moving or hot engine components.
Route the power wire down the kick panel and through the factory wire channel, under the carpet and to the power side of the amplifier.
Connect the short length of power wire to the positive battery terminal using the pre-connected ring terminal.
Power on your vehicle and test the audio settings to ensure that your radio and amplifier are working.
- If you have head unit powers on but you have no sound, check to make sure that you connected the remote turn on wire.
Setting the gains on your new Kicker 660.5 amplifier.
- Set Fader to "ON"
- Set Input Level to "LO"
- Set Sub Input to "SUB"
- Find a song that will play for at least a few minutes.
- Turn up the volume on your head unit to about 75% of the MAX volume.
- Using a small flathead screwdriver adjust the Amp 1 gain (Front Speakers) until your desired sound level is reached.
-Repeat the same for the Amp 2 gain (Rear Speakers) setting.
-Repeat once more for the Sub gain.
This will set the overall sound level for your vehicle. If you start to notice distortion or that the sound is clipping or stopping you have set your gains to high!
You can further adjust to your liking using the EQ settings within your head unit.
Once you have confirmed that your system is working and you have set the gains to your liking, reassemble your vehicle and enjoy your new amplified system!