This installation guide is intended to be used to assist you during the installation of your
2020+ Sony 4000 Tundra Plug and Play Bundle from Trail Grid Pro.
Installing your bundle
Use our 9500ES Install video as reference. The disassembly and install of the body and dash kit will be the same.
1. The Body – Consists of the head unit, silver dash kit and our custom wiring harness.
- Make all your vehicle connections as noted in the document below. We’ve drawn a red box around the vehicle connectors you’ll be using for your installation, which are the 3 factory looking connectors from the Maestro RR module.
- All the plugs are keyed plugs, which means they only fit their match on the Toyota side. All you’re doing is matching plugs – it may look like a lot of wires but it’s simple.
- Small Yellow Clips: Please use the small yellow tab clips we supply in the bundle to attach to the tabs on the back of our dash kit. They are more robust than the factory clips and hold our bundle in place better when installed.
You Will Be Connecting:
3 Connectors From The Maestro Harness
USB Retention Adapter
Factory Navigation Adapter
AM/FM Radio Adapter
Sirius XM Tuner (If Selected)
- DO NOT POWER ON YOUR HEAD-UNIT BEFORE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE MADE. This will cause an error when the Maestro RR module is trying to initialize to your vehicle.
More Install Tips Regarding The Components Of Your Sony Bundle
The backup camera is apart of the Maestro RR harness, so the rear camera wire will already be plugged into the rear camera RCA.
Download the Android Auto app from the GooglePlay. If you’re experiencing issues with Android Auto, here is a decent video that walks you through some troubleshooting of Android Auto. The head unit shown in this video is not a Sony, so just focus on the general troubleshooting aspects.