This installation guide is intended to be used to assist you during the installation of your
2010-2013 Sony 4000 4Runner Plug and Play Bundle from Trail Grid Pro.
Sony Bundle Installation Video
4Runner Microphone Install
Installing your bundle
1. The Body – Consists of the head unit and our custom wiring harness.
You’re going to install this first.
- Make all your vehicle connections as noted in the document below. Shown below are the vehicle connectors you’ll be using for your installation, which are the 4 factory looking connectors from the Maestro RR module.
- All the plugs are keyed plugs, which means they only fit their match on the Toyota side. All you’re doing is matching plugs – it may look like a lot of wires but it’s simple.
- Your bundle will arrive with the OBD harness attached to the back of your bundle. It will need to be plugged in to the OBD port under your steering column in order to retain your: backup camera functionality (if applicable), gauges (if applicable) and more! This is not shown in the video but you will need to complete this step before powering on your head unit.
You Will Be Connecting:
5 Connectors From The Maestro Harness
USB Retention Adapter
Factory Navigation Adapter
AM/FM Radio Adapter
OBD II Plug
Sirius XM Tuner (If Selected)
- DO NOT POWER ON YOUR HEAD-UNIT BEFORE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE MADE. This will cause an error when the Maestro module is trying to calibrate to your vehicle.
More Install Tips Regarding The Components Of Your Sony Bundle
The backup camera is apart of the Maestro RR harness, so the rear camera wire will already be plugged into the rear camera RCA.
2. The Dash Kit - Your New Silver or Charcoal Metra 4Runner Dash Cover.
You’re going to install this second.
- Transfer your vents, trim pieces, and install the hazard button trim to the dash kit just like in the video below.
- Small yellow clips: Please use the small yellow tab clips provided with our bundle to attach to the four tabs on the back of our dash kit. They are more robust than the factory clips and hold our bundle more securely.
- Make sure to connect the hazard button wire before installing the dash kit into your dash, over the body of the bundle.
Download the Android Auto app from the GooglePlay. If you’re experiencing issues with Android Auto, here is a decent video that walks you through some troubleshooting of Android Auto. The head unit shown in this video is not a Sony, so just focus on the general troubleshooting aspects.