This installation guide is intended to be used to assist you during the installation of your
Sony 8100 Tundra Plug and Play Bundle from Trail Grid Pro.
Sony Bundle Installation Video
Installing your bundle
1. The Body – Consists of the head unit, matte or gloss black dash kit and our custom wiring harness.
- Make all your vehicle connections as noted in the document below. We’ve drawn a red box around the vehicle connectors you’ll be using for your installation, which are 3, 4 & 5. Vehicle connectors 1 & 2 will not be used.
- All the plugs are keyed plugs, which means they only fit their match on the Toyota side. All you’re doing is matching plugs – it may look like a lot of wires but it’s simple.
- Retaining Clips: Transfer the 3 clips from the top of your factory dash kit to your new Metra dash kit. These will be needed to secure your new bundle.
You will be using vehicle connectors 3, 4 & 5
- Next, secure the backup camera connection harness labeled TOYCAM2-6V (connect the female side of the TOYCAM2-6V to the factory video harness), Sirius/XM satellite connection (if applicable), AM/FM antenna connection, Sony supplied microphone and the USB/AUX port (AXUSB35-SKT)
- DO NOT POWER ON YOUR HEAD-UNIT BEFORE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE MADE. This will cause an error when the PAC module is trying to calibrate to your vehicle.
More Install Tips Regarding The Components Of Your Sony Bundle
Using a factory phone cable when making your connection for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is a MUST. When I say factory, I mean just like the cable that originally came with your phone. It cannot be a cable that you bought from Amazon or from the grocery store – those are only charging cables in most cases, not charging and data cables. Also, remember – phone cables don’t last forever. If you ever have connectivity issues in the future – I’d try to swap your cable for a new one.